Sealegs 7.1M Sport RIB
The Sealegs 7.1m Sport RIB is a classic. It was one of the first craft developed by the Sealegs International, and is beloved by owners worldwide.
The 7.1m has everything you need to go on an amphibious adventure. With a payload of 700kg and seating for up to 8 people, the sky is the limit. A 150HP outboard and 180 litre fuel capacity ensure that you get where you want to go, and the craft has enough power to reach 40 knots - or tow a water skier.
For the aspiring amphibian, the Sealegs 7.1m RIB is the perfect craft to take fishing or exploring.
- Single handed operation. Gives one person the freedom to launch their boat by themselves, when they want
- Immediate access to and from the water — no waiting, backing trailers, winching or parking
- Embarking and disembarking no longer means getting wet
- Children can safely be in the boat at all times thereby avoiding possible accidents
- More time on the water, less time spent getting in and out of water
- The ability to explore places inaccessible in a traditional boat
- Greater use of your investment
- 7.1M Sport RIB
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
Dimensions & Weight
- 23.00 ft
- 23 ft 5 in - 7.14 meter
- 8 ft 7 in - 2.62 meter
- Draft - max:
- 1 ft 4 in - 0.41 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 2932 lbs
- Deadrise Aft:
- 21.00 °
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 150 G2 TRAC - Electronic
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Fuel Tank:
- 21 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The fully integrated, turn-key package uses the same fuel source as the outboard, and is simple to learn and engage. Over time, the AES technology has improved to allow owners more freedom to use their Sealegs amphibious craft.
AWD greatly increase the maneuverability of Sealegs craft, but if further traction is required, reducing the pressure in tires can further increase traction in difficult terrain. Finally, diff-lock is available as an option to augment the functionality of AWD.
The diff-lock option allows operators to force all wheels to turn in unison, regardless of traction (or lack thereof) available to all wheels. This, combined with AWD, will allow a Sealegs craft to overcome more extreme conditions.
- the craft is parked and the inboard motor is turned off OR
- in the unlikely event of a hydraulic transmission failure OR
- if the operator activates the emergency stop button on the console*
To support these enhanced safety features, the leg assemblies have been redesigned for greater strength and fitted with specifically designed hubs and bearings.
In the interests of safety, we have engineered the system so that it can be retrofitted to most of the existing Sealegs customer fleet, so if you own a Sealegs without ABS and would like this system fitted, please feel free to contact us.
Extended Run Time (XRT)
|no XRT||w/ XRT|
|Runtime||10 mins / hr||30mins / hr|
XRT Features include:
- Fan-assisted hydraulic oil cooling - a high performance fan has been fitted to help reduce engine box and exit air temperature.
- Hydraulic hot flush valve - sends hot transmission oil to the oil tank and replaces it with cooler filtered oil.
- High temperature warning - warning lights on the dash panel and a buzzer alarm alert the operator if the hydraulic system is overheating.
- Additional 45 amp alternator - an extra alternator allows for greater battery charging as well as the ability to run additional electronics.
All of the components required to bring the XRT system to all Sealegs have been chosen to ensure that they are light-weight and durable in the marine environment. This was all done without increasing the size of the engine box.
With the XRT package, Sealegs International warrants a run-time on land of 30 minutes every hour, with an annual recreational use of 100 land return trips (to a maximum of 20 hours total use).
Power Steering (PS)
Power Steering combines fantastically well with the Sealegs AWD system, making new Sealegs craft a pleasure to operate.
PS Features include:
- Fingertip steering control
- High pressure and grade hydraulic hoses
- Works well with Sealegs AWD system
- Manual hydraulic steering backup in the unlikely event of pump failure
- Comes with on/off switch on console for stiffer outboard control on water.
Sealegs Power Steering uses an electric hydraulic pump to provide extra pressure to the steering system. This provides the operator with fingertip control at the steering wheel for a more enjoyable experience with far less effort. The Power Steering system makes three point turns and maneuvering in tight areas a dream.
Presenting the Sealegs 7.1m Sport RIB
Sealegs Amphibious Boat Cruising Montauk [Drone]